Places to go...

November 17, 2015




A week ago I realised how our thoughts for certain stuffs may not actually be the same and it is not. Take for instance we had to attend our very close relative's bakston/wedding ceremony and had to travel complete 5hours for that.. Phew! The place is Nyoma, could be approx 200 kms from LEH city. I had double thoughts about whether to go or not. I was against it because a)I didn't wanted to wake up early (that 5am early b) was scared that I'll be having travel sickness later c) I thought it would be the most boring,cold and uninteresting place .
I was for it because I've never been to that side of LADAKH beyond my village, and everyone (cousins and friends) were sweet talking and insisting me.
In the end I decided on going, woke up like a zombie, dressed up like an Eskimo and off we (family, friends and relatives) went. There were almost 4-5 vehicles. 
I didn't exactly remember what actually happened on the way coz I was asleep the whole journey except of that one stop where we had our breakfast (chumathang village- famous for hot springs). 


Once reached .. Damn! it was freezing there. My hair and face was messed up so mom suggested to be in car working on myself, look presentable only then to step out the car.  
It was freezing literally FREEZING 


but Oh the place was BEAUTIFUL completely opposite of my perceptions about the place. The whole place was somewhat like an big desert. It was unlike other narrow places, and was a big open space. Could it have been a lake million of years ago? Maybe or not! But it was fascinating and probably more developed since it's one of the BLocks of LADAKH. On one side the whole village, monastery on top of the mountain and on the other side Tibetan refugee camp. I wasn't interested in wedding , so just after having a thukpa i set off to explore, dragged my brother again because why not!? Haha 


I love horses and they were everywhere,I was so excited we trespassed someone's yard and went near their stable, so near that I literally touched then. They looked so BRAVE ,BOLD BEAUTIFUL & STRONG and were gracefully soaking the sun. I even saw kiang ( wild horses) but couldn't go near or take picture because I didn't wanted to disturb their grazing time and people say they are really fast so I had no chance. What's crazy was getting to see an owl in a bright daylight, it was small brown coloured. 
Besides the animals I explored the whole place, and if I go into detail of everything I noticed there, it's going to be boring for you guys. 



We went back to the wedding venue , hogged (coz we were starving) , folk danced, stared back at people who were staring haha. 
It all got over at around 5, we bid farewell and journeyed back, I couldn't fall asleep so I decided on penning down all the places that fall between NYOMA and my village.  
All in all It was a great fun experience, like I mentioned earlier it turned out to be completely opposite of what I thought bout the place earlier. Wish I had spent more time there but time didn't allowed. It was freezing cold but was beautiful (mean it when I say beautiful) . It was the place I fell in love with......

You Might Also Like

0 comments