Happy LOSAR

December 13, 2015




Losar week. Yay! Losar is Ladakh's (located in northern part of India , for those of you who haven't heard of it) new year celebrations. Every year during this time I'm both happy and sad. Happy because the idea of 'losar' approaching itself is everything, and that my family has always been together during this time of the year. Sad because I've missed celebrating losar in Ladakh for past 8 years because of my studies .I don't know how it's now , but back then the celebrations were grand. I remember the excitement among us kids to buy new clothes, good food and going each others houses. That thrilling horse riding competition, and how I used to worry about horses thinking they'll get hurt haha. Dancing 'jabro' (Ladakhi 'sort of' folk dance) forming a big human circle, and how I used to fit in with my dad even though I had zero knowledge of what's going on except the fact that it resembled 'ring-a-ring-roses' haha. How me and my cousins tried making 'Khuras' (something like Mexican dish churo, deep fried pastry dough) but were not prepared at all and the disaster we did is a different story lol. Visiting monasteries, and how the whole village used to light up at night during Galdan Namchot (birthd anniversary and buddhahood of GYALWA TSONGKHAPA.) . It used to be beautiful and never ending fun and excitement. 
Nevertheless, no matter where we are, we gotta celebrate it and hope that one day we'll be home and do it the grand way like we used to back then. 
Anyways, no traditional clothes or anything fancy but I'm again in my minimal look. Sweater is from NUON, thrifted tuxedo pants, Koovs slip ons, f21 fedora,  Koovs bagpack.
We went shopping because we were a little spoiled by our dad this day because.... LOSAR haha.  
HAPPY HAPPY LOSAR everyone! May this year be greater and merrier than any. May all the negativities around the world will get over with and may this will be a happy year for everyone on this earth. 

Until next time 
Xoxo

You Might Also Like

0 comments